Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Day 5 digital fluency

Today's focus around collaborative learning/planning/teaching had a few gems in it today!!! One thing that I will be taking away from today's lesson that will enhance my students' learning ability are the Multi-text data base and Multi-modal data base. 

Having these tools ready and available for the students will give them a lot more resources to help them learn and understand their learning a lot better!! Not relying on just one resource to establish their opinion will be extremely beneficial for the students. It will also be a valuable resource for those students who like to extend themselves, using a range of different media resources to extend their learning and mahi! 

Today we were creating a Google site. We used a range of resources in the planning stages of this. I particularly liked the jamboard resource for planning how our site will look before actually creating the site.  It made visualing the site a lot clearer, and it was a lot easier to place all my resources in an easy to understand order (to help with the navigation of my site). I'm going to try jamboard again in the future when planning my next google site (probably looking into next year). Eventually we did get to create a site as well, using the plan I created on jamboard this is what I came up with..... It is still a work in progress however, and I plan on using this site at the beginning of next year before moving into our inquiry learning!!!

https://sites.google.com/ilminster.school.nz/rtfakemedia/home

Here is the link to my site!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Rikki,
    Great to hear the process of planning and creating a site was a winner for you. I agree that Jamboard is a useful tool for planning especially if it is collaborative.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Rikki,
    isn't it great to have those databases of Multimodal material at hand? I know I dig into it lots with the teachers I work with.
    The site your started is a great resource! Love the quiz - I did take it but not game to reveal my score!
    from Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Day 8 Digital fluency

 Today we took a look into computational thinkning and how it could be relevant to our learning environment. There were a lot of really cool...